22nd November 2021
Dear Parent / Carer,
Thank you for your continued support in helping to protect our Academy community from Covid during this term. We have worked hard together to return to as much normality in school as possible. In the coming weeks we have some wonderful events planned which we want you to be able to join and enjoy. These include our Christmas Fair, Nativity and Carol Concert. These events can only take place if Covid cases in school and the community do not rise and we feel it is safe for them to proceed.
Now is not the time to be complacent. Covid is still widely circulating and will likely get worse. The normality we have achieved will be lost if cases increase locally. You can help to prevent this by following the best practice advice that is still in place. This includes:
● Wearing a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet. For example, on public transport.
● Washing our hands regularly and carrying hand sanitiser when we go out. Ensure your children are also doing this and understand the importance of good hand hygiene.
● Taking regular rapid tests, particularly before mixing with others
● Keeping rooms well-ventilated, particularly when spending time indoors with people we don’t live with.
In addition to the above steps, please remember the following legal action you must take if you suspect you or your child have Covid.
● Your child should not attend school if they have symptoms of Covid (even if these are mild) and should immediately isolate and arrange a PCR test.
● Regardless of your vaccination status, if you have any symptoms of Covid (even mild), please do not come to the school site to drop off or collect your children. You should immediately isolate and arrange a PCR test.
As always we appreciate your support in keeping our Academy, your families and our community safe in the run up to Christmas and beyond.
Miss S O’Connell